Previously called Madras
Previously called Madras, Chennai is positioned in the Bay of Bengal. Delve into the Chennai’s religious patchwork at the Kapaleeshwarar Temple – intricately adorned with carved images of gods – then take a walk inside the 17th-Century St Mary’s church. Marina Beach offers the chance to take some time out and enjoy tasting the richness of Indian cuisine at the beachfront food stalls.
Places To Visit:
- Marina Beach- is an expanse of sandy white beaches which seems to go on forever, it is known to be the second longest beach in the whole world and is a very popular attraction for tourists.
- Breezy Beach- lays in the remote neighborhood of Valmiki Nagar because of its cleanliness many families tend to visit this beach in search of a tranquil and peaceful place to visit.
- MGR Film City- was established in 1994 and was built in the memory of MG Ramachandran, a former Tamil actor and a longtime CM of Tamil Nadu.
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park- is a zoological Park in Vandalur, in 1855 it was declared the first public and largest zoo of its kind in Southeast Asia.
- Valluvar Kottam- is an auditorium that can hold 4,000 people. It was built in the memory of the poet-saint Tiruvalluvar, verses of his poems are inscribed on all the pillars in the auditorium.
- Ashtalakxmi Temple- is situated in Besant Nagar on the shores of the Bay of Bengal, that stretch of beach is called Elliot’s Beach.
- Koli Hills- are located in Namakkal district of Tamil Nadu, they are a great place to visit as they have been untouched by tourists so many of the original habitats have been preserved. Another interesting fact about these hills is that their name means “Mountain of Death”
- Elliot’s Beach- is a beach which has everything, from peace to great food. Anyone who visits this beach will have an experience worth remembering.
- VGP Golden Beach-is thought to be one of the cleanest and beautiful beaches in Chennai this beach is one of the most visited places by local families and tourists from abroad.
- ISKCON Temple-is a temple devoted to Lord Krishna, it is spread across1.5 acres of land it is the biggest Radha Krishna temple in Tamil Nadu and was officially inaugurated on 26th April 2018.
- Vivekananda House- also known as The Ice House, it is a shrine and pilgrimage for admirers and followers of Swami Vivekananda. This house I where Swami Vivekananda stayed for 6 weeks in 1900.
- Akkarai Beach- this beach begins in Ennore and ends in Uthandi. It is another clean and beautiful beach which makes the choice even more difficult for tourists to choose a beach to visit.
- Dakshinachitra Museum- is one of the living-history museums in India which stores in itself great works of architecture, crafts, performing arts, and lifestyles that belong to South India.
- Santhome Cathedral Basilica- is a historical and ancient pilgrim centre which was built in the 14th and 15th century by the Portuguese.