Kodaikanal is also known as the queen of the mountains
Kodaikanal is also known as the queen of the mountains due to its beautiful, scenic mountains and waterfalls. The most popular destination in this city is Kodaikanal Lake this is due to the amount of water activities and water sports available here.
Places To Visit-
- Green Valley View- also known as Suicide Point, this is a very popular destination as it has mind-blowing views and heavenly. Many people come here for trekking and long walks.
- Kodai Lake- is a star-shaped man-made lake which is spread across an area of 60 acres, many activities are available here like boating, angling, and cycling. This destination is ideal for family day trips.
- Pillar Rocks- are located around 8km from the lake and is a perfect picnic spot for visitors, this also has a mini garden.
- Devils Kitchen-lies between the Green Valley View and Pillar Rocks. However, if one were to fall from these heights it would be very dangerous for them.
- Coakars Walk- It is a 1km walk on the mountains which was constructed in 1872 Lt Coaker, this particular walk is ½ km away from Kodai.
- Thalaiyar Falls- is also known as Rat Tail Falls, these falls are located on the slopes of Palani Hill ranges in the Dindigul District.
- Dolphin’s Nose- is a natural prodigy which features a flat natural rock over a massive height of 6600 feet. It is located 8km from the main city centre, this point offers an amazing view of its surroundings.
- Palani Trek- is also known as the Princess of Hill Stations, this place is a popular destination for adventures.
- Bryant Park- is one of the best botanical gardens in Kodaikanal, this park is known for its fauna, rafts, and hybrids.
- Silver Cascade Falls- is located 8 km from the city centre, this destination is known for ist exquisite silver waterfalls.
- Silent Valley View- is close to the Pillar Rock garden, this point offers stunning views of all the scenery.
- Kurunji Temple- this temple is mainly dedicated to Lord Murugu, this temple is based at a distance of 2kms from the lake. This temple is also associated with the Kurunji Flower which blooms every 12 years carpeting the entire floor with purple flowers.
- Shembaganur Museum of Natural History- is one of the most interesting destinations to visit, this museum is 8.6 kms away from the lake.